Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Victoria Falls

Some of our team is leaving out this week, so we decided to do a quick trip to Zimbabwe. Everyone has been telling us this is the best time to go to Victoria Falls. Once rainy season starts, it is hard to see the falls because of the mist blocking the view...so rather than wait until December when we might fit more comfortably in a vehicle, we all squished in and off we went!



It. was. amazing. The force of the water...the spray...the noise. Absolutely breathtaking. This picture was taken at the beginning, before we walked around closer and got absolutely soaked.

Also, the drive to Zim included a lot of wildlife viewing...almost better than anything I've seen in Kruger Park. :) As we were driving along, a pride of 7 or 8 lions walked out in the road right in front of us. We pulled to a stop and watched them in the grass for a while. If we had pulled up the road a few more feet, I could have reached out my window and pet them. Not that I would of course... We also saw a pack of wild dogs and the obligatory impala, monkeys, warthogs, elephants, zebras, etc.

I hope to have a few more pics to show you, but being without my own camera for the week, I will have to get them from my brother. Unless he wants to post them on his blog, in which case I'll just point you there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment