Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

I have one thing to say about Valentine's Day: Life is too short to live with regret and what-ifs. Sure, I'm not married or even close to it, and I still choose to celebrate this holiday. Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorites - who can resist chocolate and roses?? Not me!!! I love celebrating the love of my favorite couples and their example to me.


With all that in mind, a sort-of last minute trip to New York City took place. In all, there were nine of us single girls who left Friday morning for the city - for a fabulous weekend of a Broadway show, good food, lots of laughing and memories, and shopping. :) 


We watched "The Miracle Worker" - which though a small production, was very, very good. We got all dressed up, went out to dinner, got 'lost' on the subway, stayed up late talking, and walked all over the city on Saturday siteseeing and shopping. 


(The only picture I took all weekend was of my gyro lunch on Saturday. But Becky posted some pictures here.)


I had so much fun this weekend. I love big cities and their excitement, especially when you can wander around and do whatever strikes you as fun instead of having to stick to a schedule. It was fun to have Anne along as well - a bit of a last single-girl fling since she is 'deserting' us this summer to join the ranks of the married. (Heehee...you know I had to work that in!)


It was a certainly a lot more fun than sitting at home and feeling sorry for myself! When I got home, there were a dozen roses waiting for me from my Dad and one of my girls in Sunday School gave me a bag of homeade chocolate-covered pretzels. So I still got my roses and chocolate! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel I'm so jealous I've always wanted to go to a Broadway play. I like that your dad got you roses. That's neat. Does he do that every valentines day?

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have loved the play, Jo! My dad got me roses the last two or three years, but it still surprises me every time. :)

    ReplyDelete