Tuesday, April 05, 2011

I suppose it might be bad that so much of my mood of the day is dependent on the weather. I try to be cheerful, to look at each situation in the best light, but sometimes I just get tired of all the heat and the sun and the dust and the dry. To wake up one day to gray skies and cool breeze gives my spirits a lift and sets me up for a productive day. I know that many of my readers are in despair of ever losing their winter skies, and are more than ready for sunshine and green grass. Yet here I am after months of summer, more than ready for a cool day where I can comfortably wear a hoodie and socks. Bring it on, I say! :)

Thinking about today...

"Faith goes up the stairs that love has built and looks out the windows which hope has opened." -C.H.Spurgeon

in conjunction with...

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5

1 comment:

  1. It's peculiar how we simply can't be satisfied with what the Lord gives us from day to day weather. We are natural-born complainers. Oh my. Where I'm from, we've finally broken of the winter spell and are now on to much warmer and rainier days.

    The verses you posted are such beautiful words! Thank you for the wonderful reminder. Have a blessed day.

    --Tisha

    ReplyDelete