Thinking tonight about some facts... it's easy to get too caught up in feelings. The truth is summed up in a simple question: "DID GOD LIE?" If He has promised something in His Word, who am I to doubt what He has said?
God has never changed. Just as He was in days gone by, so He is today. I can look back and read about those in the Bible who knew God and loved Him and served Him, and I know that He is just the same today. I can see His character played out in Scripture; I can read His promises to me.
THAT is the truth. Those are the things I can bank on; those are the things I can trust.
I'm in the same church as Tobi, Rebekah and Krista. Interestingly I just finished writing a message for Wed. night service on "What is Truth" as Pilate questioned in John 18:38. I enjoyed your observations: very simple: very direct: very true.Keep up the good work. God Bless. Jim Gerth
ReplyDeleteIt is good to serve a faithful God! Thanks for the reminder :-).
ReplyDelete