
And now you know why the Lord was working in my life so much in the areas of faith and trust and just waiting for His perfect timing. In the midst of all the visa paperwork and uncertainty of days, I began corresponding with Ethan, but for a while didn't know if things would work out or not, so it just added to the confusion of those days.
I'm happy to say that things did work out. :) We are now planning a January wedding and I'll be moving to my new home in North Dakota. Bring on the snow!
God has been so very good in our lives. He has made it evident that this is His perfect will and we are so excited about spending the rest of our lives together. This past week has been spent in happiness in each other's company and it didn't take us long to start finishing each other's sentences. (That is to say, we are perfect for each other.) It was with great sadness that I said goodbye to him at the airport today. We're counting the days until his next trip and using up all our cell phone minutes in the mean time. :)
"The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad." Psalm 126:3

Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteI am beyond excited for you! I can honestly say I know exactly what you're going through. That whole dropping off at the airport thing....not fun. So happy for you that in January you won't have to say goodbye anymore! :-)
*BIG SMILE* :-D
ReplyDeleteThis is sweet Rachel! Thanks for your good testimony! :) It's very encouraging to see! See you soon! :)
ReplyDeleteRachel Grandma is so excited for you and Ethan- Love your sweet testimony and how you waited on the Lord through all the ups and downs with your visa's etc. God had it all planned and certainly timing is perfect !! Have always loved you so much, now it is a much stronger and different love, can't come up with words to explain it any better !! Know the parting at the airport was a big step and - keep on using all the cell minutes !!!! The weeks ahead will pass quickly, Looking forward to January 5th - but know they'll seem long for you and Ethan - Hugging you in my heart ! Grandma
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord, Rachel! I'm so glad for you:) What a blessing this must be! Have a blessed day:)
ReplyDeleteOh, Rachel, we are just THRILLED for you to say the least. Your testimony of waiting on God and trusting Him is so encouraging. I was thrilled to see you will be in ND!!!!!! Yeah!!
ReplyDeleteThe blessing of the Lord maketh RICH . . .
Hebrews 10:24 :0)
So happy and excited for you, Rachel!
ReplyDeleteOh how wonderful and exciting!!:) Congrats you both!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, YAY! I'm SO EXCITED for you, Rachel! I was just thinking about you (and something like this) a few weeks ago, and I was so happy to sign into my blogroll and see this post! :D Can't wait to see/read more about this from you as time permits! :D *hugs*
ReplyDeleteIs this a courtship announcement or an engagement announcement?
ReplyDeleteDid Ethan propose and where's your ring?
We would love to here your courtship story and even engagement story.
Don't stray too far from the blog, remember, your readers are also your biggest supporters. :)
So HAPPY to hear your news!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete