Friday, January 29, 2010

I Cannot Tell

One thing I missed while in Africa was singing. I'm happy to be back where we do a lot of singing...all services, all week! Here's a special I did with three of my friends. Keep in mind it sounded a whole lot better in person. ;) Lyrics below.


VERSE 1
I cannot tell why He, Whom angels worship
Should set His love upon the sons of men,
Or how His heart upon the cross was broken,
The crown of pain to three and thirty years.
But this I know, He heals the broken hearted,
And stays our sin, and calms our lurking fear;
And lifts the burden from the heavy laden,
For yet the Saviour, Saviour of the world is here.

VERSE 2
I cannot tell how He will win the nations,
How He will claim His Gospel heritage;
How satisfy the needs and aspirations
Of east and west, of sinner and of sage.
But this I know, that I shall see His glory,
When He shall reap the harvest He has sown;
And some glad day, the skies will thrill with rapture,
When He, the Saviour, Saviour of the world is come.

TAG
But this I know, His sun shall shine in splendour,
And myriad, myriad human voices sing,
And earth to heav’n, and heav’n to earth will answer,
At last the Saviour, Saviour of the world is King!

5 comments:

  1. I thought it sounded pretty good, but you'll always loose something with the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you all sounded beautiful, Rachel! I have to tell you, even though this is the first time I ever heard you sing, I have always thought you must have a lovely voice... glad to know I was right! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so pretty! are you a soprano?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all! I'm actually an alto...can't hit much higher than E flat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete