Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Camp

Camp was everything I hoped it would be, meaning the messages were just what I needed to hear, everyone had a good time, the food was fabulous, and the campground absolutely beautiful. To top it all off, my team of The Climbers won the competition for the week. :)


But all good things must come to an end, and I am home again...slightly sunburned around the edges, covered in mosquito bites, and tired. 

Canoeing and kayaking around the lake were definitely my favorite activities of the week.





There are actually two large ponds that are separated by a 'creek' of sorts that runs between them. This can be perhaps a bit tricky for new boaters to navigate even in the day, but some of us counselors decided to go for a midnight boat ride. Thankfully, no one capsized and we only got stuck a couple of times. I also enjoyed swimming (such a relief as it was sooo hot and muggy) and jumping on the trampoline in the water.

One of the quotes from the messages that I keep coming back to think about: "God will be as close and as real to you as you let him be." -Bro. Rufus Edmisten

The sermons from the week should soon be posted here. I think I will put them on my iPod to listen to again...each one is packed with so much truth.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that same quote {said slightly different} from a speaker at our Conference last year. My Mom still quotes it. Oh so true!!

    ReplyDelete