Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 12th...

...is tomorrow. With our tickets booked for October 12th, this means that we are exactly two months from departure.

Did you just hear a scream? I'm sorry...that was me. Okay, *deep breath.*

Please know that I am NOT exaggerating when I say that I have a to-do list that is as long as my arm. I have at least half a steno pad full of lists, reminders, and to-dos.

9 Saturdays between now and blast-off, with all but two of them already booked up.

A house to finish cleaning out, a container to pack up and ready for shipment, suitcases to prepare, duties to hand off and replacements to train, paperwork to finish, last visits and final goodbyes... my head is spinning with everything that needs to be done, and yet...

There is a new baby in the family. He is scrumptious. I know it is a weird thing to say, but I can't think of any other way to describe him - sweet and cute just doesn't cut it.


There are also birthdays (6 in my immediate family + 2 anniversaries) from mid-July to mid-August. That means we've been making lots of dessert.

So all the sweetness around here takes the edge off the to-do list, although it doesn't really help shorten it any. I can't wait until October 12th!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment