Boy, is it good to be home. We really weren't gone that long, but considering we traveled 3,500 miles in 11 days and saw a lot of people that we know, it was quite the trip.
Some pics for posterity's sake...and because you aren't all on facebook. :)
{Sam did most of the driving.}
{I was designated snack and beverage dispenser.}

{Convenient doughnut warmer... what you can't see in this pic is the thermometer reading over 100 degrees.}
{We visited Silver Dollar City.}
{Sam and my cousin Jon rode all the rides.}
{My cousin Brooke and I held the stuff and didn't ride the rides... at least not the ones that would make me sick. We opted for the water rides instead...they don't go upside down. It was such a hot day that the water rides, though smelly, were a welcome relief!}
{Silver Dollar City is built over a cave - Marvel Cave. They said there were 600 steps, but Sam counted 590.}
{It started to rain and they shut all the rides down, so we went into Branson to walk along The Landing.}
{There is a water, fire, and lights show every evening... pretty cool.}
{The Landing as seen from the dock}
{The road to my grandparents' farm in Missouri}
{My grandparents' driveway}
{Katie - and her beautiful blue eyes}
{My grandpa's barn}
{A neighbor's dilapidated old barn}

{We met up with the Wilhites in Missouri, long-time friends now fellow African missionaries. Thanks for 'letting' me steal the pic, Dy!}

{Dy and I}

{Windmills in Kansas on the way to my other grandparents' house. We passed a huge field of windmills... there were at least 60 lined up, probably more.}
{After three days in Kansas, Sam and I spent the night in St. Louis and met another cousin for a 5 AM breakfast. This is as we were leaving town and heading for PA - 15 hours later, we were safely home!}
Love the self-portrait of yourself in the car. Your hair is getting long and I envy those curls. :)
ReplyDeleteThe boys have been making fun of your j lo glasses :) but I like them.
ReplyDelete