Thursday, September 16, 2010

So Thankful

Today is a beautiful gray September day. I slept with all my windows flung wide open to the night air, and woke to see my breath in the air. I put on my favorite wool hoodie, which I haven't worn since the Spring, and got to work with a cup of coffee in hand.

Things have been a bit crazy around here, and our house is a mass upheaval of boxes and piles. But as I settled down to work at the folding table temporarily in our dining room, my dad came and sat across the table with his computer, and we worked in silence for a time, occasionally exchanging a question or comment.

It just struck me as I sat there with him how thankful I am to get to do what I do. Today I worked on paperwork for our container... a lot of lists and values of items and cross-referencing papers. Yesterday was a bit more physical as my mom and I labeled, inventoried, and stacked the first 50 boxes (mostly books) for that container. Working for my dad means that I never know what I'm going to be doing - running errands, making phone calls, doing research, filling out paperwork or filing notes, video editing, technical blog/website issues, producing books, and the list could go on.

I am so happy with where I am in my life right now and I praise the Lord for it! <3

In other somewhat related news... 26 days until departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment