Friday, February 11, 2011

Food Blogging

As you can imagine, there's been a lot of food production going on around here. I try to remember to take pictures, but it is usually chaotic and messy and we're just trying to get everything on the table at the same time. (We have a limited supply of pots, pans, and baking sheets, so we have to do some creative staggering to get everything on the table still warm. :) So in looking through the food pics I've taken recently, I realized that they are almost all dessert or carb-laden. Now you know what I get to make most often! So some pics with links to their recipes. Most of these I was trying for the first time. 

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits... Super easy, only four ingredients. Kiara LOVES these. She quickly figured out which cupboard they were kept in and sits and begs for them even though they are now all gone! Hoping to make another batch for her tomorrow.

Fresh Herb Bread... Amazing, amazing, amazing! Should have doubled this recipe.

Chocolate Doughnut Holes... I've raved about these a couple times on Facebook. Seriously, if you haven't tried them yet, don't unless you are serious about continuing a doughnut love. You will never look at a doughnut the same way again. 

Pineapple Mango Salsa... this is a big hit around here. Makes a wonderful summer meal when served with grilled chicken, pita chips, and fresh veggies. I've blogged about this before!

Chocolate Sugar Cookies... I don't know where my mind has been all these years. Sugar cookies are good, but chocolate sugar cookies? Yes, please. Next time, I'll definitely be rolling these thicker and topping with peanut butter icing. Maybe Monday can be next time? 

Applebee's Blondies... I've never had these at Applebee's (where apparently they serve them on a sizzling griddle), but I bet we'd give them a run for their money! Since we can't get maple syrup here, we made a cream cheese frosting/glaze.

No, we can't get chocolate chips over here, but with Cadbury Chocolate Chunks, who needs the chips? :) 


2 comments:

  1. mmm! Yummy Rachel! This post made me hungry :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, Rachel, that's unkind to do - my brother is going to come back and expect us to continue making all these types of things for him! :-p They look amazing though; I especially am there with the chocolate sugar cookies - where have those been all my life? :-)

    ReplyDelete