So remember that post back at the beginning of the year, where I said that I wasn't going to lose my groove and was going to be sure to keep trying new and exciting recipes? Yeah. I think I did too much cooking and baking in the first 8 weeks of this year. These past couple weeks without a plethora of guests (only one or two at a time) has meant that I've tried just about NOTHING. Nothing but ice cream, that is. And really, ice cream is the good stuff - the center of the food universe you might say, at least my food universe. Last night was the worse, because I even messed up the ice cream. (In my defense, I think it was a very old can of coconut milk that messed it up...)
Losing my groove could also be due to the heat. There's nothing worse than heating the entire house along with the oven for several hours while you experiment with new recipes. We even strategize to determine the least required amount of time to turn on a single burner... it's that hot!
I'm soooo over summer. Ready for some cooler weather, and with it, a resurgence of trying new recipes. :) Bring on winter, I say!
(Also, I need to find some good recipe blogs in the same hemisphere I'm in. All the amazing recipe blogs that I read are just coming out of winter, and while spring recipes may appeal to me, warm, comforting winter recipes do not. It's an interesting dilemma. Maybe I need to browse through their archives from July and August. :)
Look on the bright side, all that food + extreme heat (which means excess perspiring)= NOT packing on the poundage. Yep, no "muffin tops" for you Miss Rachel :~P Me on the other hand...pregnant during the cold months. Hum...
ReplyDelete