Sunday, July 03, 2011

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Him?

This week has been so busy. I often feel like I am being pulled in thirteen different directions. Dealing with people's spiritual needs, guests in the house, classes to sit in and pay attention to, and yet still keep up with other responsibilities of our correspondence school and literature needs. All this can pile up over my head and leave me feeling rather overwhelmed.

But then when I sit and take a breath... I remember just how very blessed I am. I remember just what a big God that I serve. I remember how I am part of something that is so much bigger than just me.

He is God to so many people. In history past, He worked through kings and prophets, and sometimes it's hard to remember that He is just as interested in little old me. Books have been filled, hundreds of songs written, and countless sermons preached about Him, and yet when I come to His Word with humble heart, He has something that He wants to teach just for me. We can learn a lot from past examples, stories of other people who have trusted Him. I love quotes and biographies for that very purpose, and yet... God has something just for me. He wants to write my story. Even with all the other things going on in this world, He is interested in me.

I love Him. There's no other way to express it. Thus far in my life, He's led me every step, provided for me faithfully, fulfilled all His promises. I don't expect Him to stop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment