Friday, July 08, 2011

Mixed Up

Today is cold and windy and gray. My curtain seems to move by itself as the breeze gusts in around the edges of the window. Everything is overcast and everyone is moving a little slow. If I was not in Botswana and it was about twenty degrees colder, I would expect to see snow coming from the sky at any moment. We are all bundled up inside the house, and will soon be lighting a cheery fire in the living room. I made a delicious peppermint coffee creamer that tastes like a certain season, which brings me to the point of this post.

Where are the carolers? Where are the cookies? Where is the music? WHAT HAPPENED TO CHRISTMAS?

Oh, yes, it really is July, not December. Next year, I'm proposing we hold off on having Christmas when we are melting into a puddle of liquid and save it for a few months when the weather turns cool again. Right now, I just want to go bake a pumpkin pie and light a candle or four. I want to smell fresh pine and peppermint and go sledding. *sigh* I'm so confused... but I'm enjoying this cooler weather while it lasts. I know it will be gone all too soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm also loving the cool weather. The Botswana heat is just so annoying. As for Christmas, I'd like to go to a place where it snows in December one day, to experience cold during that time. It'll be weird though xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas in July? Go for it!

    ReplyDelete