There's something that happens when you are suddenly made aware that your current situation might soon be ending or changing - whether by your choice or by events completely out of your control. You want to take every moment and savor it, remember it, because you don't know when such a moment will be replayed such as it is right now.
The truth is that I have so very much to be thankful for. Though my future is uncertain right now because of my visa situation and I don't even know what continent I'll be living on in the next few weeks, I am certain that whatever path the Lord has for me will be acceptable, perfect, and it will all work according to His plan. At least that's what I'm praying and given how He has worked in the past, I'm certain that's how He will work in the future.
Looking back, I am so very thankful for the way that He has led me step by step through every place up until now. The family He placed me in, the opportunities He's given me in life, the country I was raised in, the friendships I've been blessed in... it all works together to make His perfect plan for me. When you look at my life, there's nothing you see that happened because of me. It can all be attributed to God and His love for me. I don't deserve such a Friend, but I'm so glad that He's mine.
Today we celebrated with my brother from South Africa. I think one of the highlights for everyone was being able to Skype with my uncle's family and then my oldest brother and his family from PA. It was quite a crazy bunch (on both sides of the camera) but it's the next best thing to being all together. We ate some very good food (no turkey here... but we grilled steaks, experimented with blooming onions, and finished it all off with some very delicious coconut cream pie) and just spent some time catching up.
All in all, a very low-key and relaxing Thanksgiving, with time to reflect on all that God has done for us and how much He cares for us. We are thankful.
Up tomorrow... it's birthday celebration today! (for my dad, and my little three-year-old nephew... who do you think gets more excited about birthday cake?)
No comments:
Post a Comment