Gray days and cooler weather make me inordinately happy.
It also makes it feel so much more like Christmas time, although I must say - this being my third Christmas here, it doesn't feel nearly as strange as it did that first year. New traditions have a way of forming themselves... and I'm still with some of my favorite people on earth.
Cooler weather also makes it easier to cook and bake up a storm.
Every rainy day we try to bake something and make some type of soup. It's ingrained in my soul that December should be the month of warm, filling stews and comfort foods.
Gray, stormy days make all my dogs freak out... literally. Apparently none of them are keen on thunderstorms or lightning in the night.
Stormy days all week long make for a yard that never dries out, and a lot of muddy tracks that I've wiped up in the house. Someone needs to come train my dogs to wipe their own feet when they come in the door.
Stormy days all week long make for a lot of soggy towels and washcloths that pile up. Although it is clouding up and beginning to thunder now, I'm thankful for a couple hours of sunshine this morning to get a couple loads done.
Happy Friday to you all! Now, what should I bake tonight?
No comments:
Post a Comment