Monday, January 09, 2012

Things that make me happy

In today's edition filed under the category of "Things that Make Me Happy", I have several items up for review. I snapped pictures of a few of them with my phone and thought it would make a happy blog post.

Waking up to streaming sunshine and cool breezes bursting through my window. (Short-lived breezes, but appreciated while they lasted!)



A bowl of fresh mango and a cup of joe in my new favorite mug. (It might help you to know about a popular South African coffee chain called Mugg & Bean.)



An orchid flower, the very first bloom on my 'rescued' orchid plant. I'm just happy the thing is still alive, and here it goes and gives me a flower too. :)



Basil which is producing and overproducing. I see a good pesto in my future, although I have yet to see any pine nuts here. Hhmmm, I'll have to research that. I've seen walnuts sometimes substituted, but all we have are black walnuts which have a pretty strong flavor. It might be interesting though...



New fringe style... thicker and heavier than I've had them in a while. I go between feeling like I'm back in fourth grade and loving them. I think what I love most about them are the highlights now combed forward rather than back... natural highlights compliments of the strong African sun.



My boy. He's such a sweet dog. Now really, all my dogs make me happy, and I just enjoy seeing their 'personalities' coming out. But Firestorm is very intuitive to my moods and knows just when to rest his long nose on my leg and when to play.


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I recently heard someone say they use cashews in their pesto...can you get cashews? -Laura N.

    ReplyDelete