Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy

Or maybe I should say "Blessed."

I'm just brimming over with gratefulness for this simple, beautiful day. Here's why:

-It got cooler last night than it has in a while. I actually slept under a sheet... amazing, I know!
-Cool night means cool morning breezes and we were able to have the windows open to the beautiful fresh air much later than usual.
-A quiet day at home puttering around to tend to many things that needed to be done.
-The power stayed on, the air conditioning worked, and I made a huge pitcher of iced coffee to sip.
-My baby girl dog, Kiara the rottweiler, has not been feeling well for a couple weeks now. We found the problem was a certain plant she was chewing on, so I pulled it all up and she improved, then got worse. Turns out there is a cousin of the original plant that is worse that she started chewing on when we took away the first. I pulled all THAT one out (and a few more for good measure) a couple days ago. She's much more her old self today, jumping around and playing. I hope the poisonous-plant-chewing is now behind us... I don't like to see her sick. :(
-Here's the menu for this evening: pesto made from fresh garden ingredients, grilled sourdough pizza with homeade sausage, and glazed doughnuts still warm from the oven.

All in all, a simple, beautiful day full of good things. :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've had (and are having) a blessed day, Rachel! :o) (and I'm totally jealous about the glazed doughnuts...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all sounds way too good....except the poisonous plants of course. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds like it was fantastic! How do you make your donuts?

    -Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the recipe I used for doughnuts this time! They were 'good', but not 'fantastic'. But they were baked, so definitely healthier than fried... and easier and less mess to clean up, so those are all good things!

    http://www.krissys-creations.com/2011/06/baked-doughnuts.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, your recipe for iced coffee????????? Please!! :O)

    I already went and looked at the doughnut link and printed the recipe. Yeah!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear of your happy moments! Hope Kiara is all better soon!

    ReplyDelete