Or at least one other place, namely, this month's Grace & Honor.
The wind shakes the windows
startles my focus
makes my heart shiver
startles my focus
makes my heart shiver
Swirling gusts circle
leaving me scared
leaving dust in my eyes
leaving me scared
leaving dust in my eyes
The howling makes me think
this life is dangerous
and best left alone...
this life is dangerous
and best left alone...
"Armed with her GPS, her glovebox stuffed with backup maps, and a full tank of gas, Sheila headed for the turnpike. “Ah, I love road trips!” she said, windows down to the spring breeze and her favorite artists singing through the stereo. Entrance ramps ahead, she glanced in her mirror and changed lanes. “WAIT! Where am I going?” she thought."
Very well written, the "In Waiting I Learn" really made sense. I've felt that distinct and overwhelming feeling of, "do I flee or wait it out?" But when I do take my eyes off of the storm and the waves and instead see Jesus working in my life, my heart is stilled.
ReplyDelete