It's Tuesday, a nondescript day towards the middle of a week that is just busy with everyday tasks.
I'm sitting here in my gray hoodie, my favorite one, enjoying the chance to wear it yet again. The weather has been growing cooler in the evenings - good sleeping weather, you might call it. Today I pulled out my duvet filler to insert into the cover, turning it from a 'sheet' to a warmer blanket. The insert was a little dusty from storage, so I washed it, dried it, fluffed it, sprayed it with lavender, then wrestled with it for fifteen minutes trying to insert it into the cover. (Have you ever done that before? Such a frustrating task...) Then I realized that it wasn't the queen-sized insert for my bed, but the king-sized insert for my parent's bed. Oops. We'll try again tomorrow.
I love this time of year in Africa. Warm days, cool nights, good excuses to burn candles and bake things, but warm enough that you can still wear flip-flops. Such a lovely season!
We've had guests here the past few weeks (has it been a month already?), but they are leaving on Thursday. We're looking forward (well, at least I am ;) to a girls' group coming the end of June. They don't know what they're in for!
I'm taking each day one day at a time, just enjoying these moments here. I really don't know how much longer I will have here in this country, although we hope (and pray!) to have a more definitive answer within the next couple weeks.
I've learned a lot about myself these past few months. I notice that as much as I like being flexible and spur-of-the-moment, as much as I can be "it's all about the journey, not the destination", I really don't like it when I feel unprepared. I can take anything on, as long as I know that I have prepared sufficiently for any crisis. Ha! Even when we go away for just a night, I've learned there are certain things that should always be packed - a flashlight, something to eat, a full water bottle, instant coffee, extra contact solution, and bug spray. With those necessities safely stowed in my backpack, I'm ready for anything. But not knowing HOW to prepare... well, it makes me a little nervous. It's hard to mentally plan and prepare when I don't know how much longer I will be living here, or if I will be back in the States looking for work.
The Lord has been teaching me much about trust, leaning on Him, waiting, and expectations. As always, His lessons are always just what I need right where I am at. :) Maybe I will write more about that later.
And now I'm off to collate and staple some more Bible studies and write some emails, as soon as I make a nice cup of spicy hot chocolate. Happy Tuesday!
Rachel, The Lord has especially pressed me the past several days to pray for your "continued" stay in the country. I am humbled to pray for God's people. May Jesus Christ be praised!
ReplyDeleteLoretta Smith
Hebrews 10:24
Great blog! I see why Pastor Shorter likes it. However, the part about instant coffee being essential is, in my mind (and tastebuds), debatable. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, well, your experience with the instant coffee was rather skewed by the ratio of coffee to water that you had. :)
ReplyDelete