I love being married, and not just for the sake of marriage, but because it means I get to spend every day with Ethan.
I love having my own little place - my own little kitchen to cook up tasty things and my own little apartment to decorate and rearrange to my heart's content. The hardest thing to do thus far? Plan a menu in advance, make a grocery list, and stick to them both. :o) Budgeting 101, here I come!
I love being in North Dakota. I really mean it! North Dakota is so beautiful, and I don't think I would have been able to quite see its beauty if I had moved here before Botswana. But its flatness reminds me of Africa, and its trees remind me on Pennsylvania. Also, we are in the middle of winter. Snow nearly every week makes this winter-loving girl quite happy. I have a sweet husband who often cleans off my car, so maybe that makes the whole thing more tolerable for me. :o) But really, frost-etched trees outlined against a gray sky, large snowflakes gently falling, and then the sun comes out and it looks like millions of diamonds laying in the field. Gorgeous!
I love my new job. I've started working the church office here, which is good for several reasons. One, it gives me something to do and a way to be involved in my new church. Two, the timing was good as the other secretary has been having some health problems, so it helps her relax her schedule. Three, I love being a secretary. :o)
I love being busy in my new life. And busy we have been! We hit the ground running after returning from our honeymoon, and it almost surprised me that yesterday was our two-month anniversary. It doesn't seem possible that eight Sundays have passed since we've been married. But you know what they say, time flies when you're having fun! :o)
I waited way too long to make Turkish coffee, but now that I've 'remembered',
I'm sure I'll be making it a lot...
I'm sure I'll be making it a lot...

Praise the Lord for his blessing! And, I can totally agree with you when you said "time flies when you're having fun" :) So good to hear from you! And enjoying the snow too (it snowed yesterday so everything looks "fresh" again) LOL:)
ReplyDeleteRachel, I am SO happy for you! We missed getting to watch your wedding because we were having internet issues at that time. (Africa of course). Don't know if it's available to watch online somewhere. Love your new little side picture at the top! You and Ethan look so happy. I love newlyweds. :-) Looking forward to seeing more posts.
ReplyDeleteRachel, so sweet to read this. Your JOY radiates! Praise the Lord! So agree with you about ND. I love it here too. Praise the Lord for your work at church, your sweet husband clearing off your car, your own home, etc, etc, etc! Your testimony is such an encouragement.
ReplyDeleteHope to meet you soon. If you come to Fargo, email me.
In Christ,
Loretta Smith
Hebrews 10:24
Finally getting around to commenting on your blog....so happy for you! Also, it was wonderful to read the story of how God brought you and Ethan together. Truly HIS way is always perfect!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving that you're loving your life so much these days! :D I'm glad to hear all is well in ND with you and your hubby. :o)
ReplyDelete