
I was so excited to have an old PA friend and her husband come by for the evening. They were on a little road trip to the Mall of America and decided to come the extra five (!) hours to spend the evening with us. It was so much fun to get caught up with them!
Here's a little peek into what we've been up to recently...


Of course, I can't give a pictorial update without including pictures of snow and frost. It really is quite beautiful! I think I'm getting ready for the snow to be done, though. Now that Easter is past, I'm ready to pull my flip-flops out again! It was a balmy 35 degrees yesterday (back in the 20s today), so I think it's coming... it's just slow!

I've been having fun with my sourdough starter (his name is Bob) and he is quite active and healthy. This has led to all sorts of recipe experimentation, although we stick mostly to sourdough waffles. (We eat a lot of waffles!) Another favorite is sourdough wheat thins - easy, although time-intensive, and so, so good!

Skillets have got to be one of the easiest week-night suppers. They are quick to throw together and you can use whatever you have on hand to make them up. Just start with a good spoonful of bacon grease and a couple cloves of garlic, and I can guarantee it will taste wonderful! :) This one had hot sausage, bratwurst, potatoes, corn, red pepper and onion.

My Grandma made this quilt for us, as she makes quilts for all the grandkids when they get married. Within the weeks after our wedding, Grandma had some health issues and we weren't sure how long we were going to have her with us. I'm so thankful that she's doing much better these days and getting more like her old self... even quilting again for a cousin who is pretty close to popping the question to his girlfriend. :) But every morning, when I make our bed, seeing Grandma's quilt reminds me to pray for her and Grandpa.

Perhaps my hair likes North Dakota? Curliness seems to be a more common trait these days, although still somewhat elusive. ;)

Ethan's Grandpa was in the hospital for a while after having triple bypass surgery. We would pass the gift shop every time we visited, and these cute little burlap signs and pillows were in the window. I will definitely be trying to make something similar soon... just have to gather a few more supplies!

Strawberries - my Springy, Easter splurge. :)

My newest little nephew has become quite my little buddy at church!

New table! Thanks to a generous gift, we got a brand-new-to-us table with a leaf and six chairs. Should last us at least through the first four kids. (Haha... it's a joke, people!)

Speaking of jokes, this would have been my dad... ha!

And us again, at a Symphony Concert Ethan played in on Saturday evening. It was such a GOOD concert... lots of classics leading into a Gershwin finale and a very entertaining pianist. And a very cute second trumpet player who winked at me and gave me a ride home. :)
Enjoyed the newsy update! But...Africa's not the same without you. "Love" those moments you popped in unannounced :) Oh, and the bubble tea stuff :D
ReplyDeleteHappy Three-month Anniversary, Rachel:) Time flies so fast! Love all your pictures...so good to "see" you again. Yes, we too are ready to be done with the snow for now. Of course, I had to laugh when a missionary friend in Greenland said that all their snow is gone, and while leaving a comment on her blog, I looked out the window to see it snowing here (on top of the mounds that are still on the ground...LOL):) Hope you're having a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! That table brings back memories! My parent's first table was just like that. I loved running my little fingers over the designs on the chair backs while waiting for my plate of food :-)
ReplyDelete