Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday, October 30

Being on this missions trip has been completely different from any other one I've had. Other trips have been centered around three main endeavors: mass literature distribution, childcare, and computer/office work. It's given me a lot of experience and made me fall in love with country after country. My love of travel and new experiences make missions trips very exciting and memorable, but this time, even though we've only been in Botswana for a week, I can tell it is different.

This is the first time I've been so involved with the people. Already I can feel my heart falling in love with this place and these people - even though outwardly it is probably the ugliest country I've been in yet (in terms of scenery, etc). In just one week, I've had so many opportunities with the people like I haven't had on any other trip. I scheduled a study for Monday and it cancelled. It was a bit of a discouragement to start the week, but I chalked it up to "this is Africa" and the week moved on. By the time today ended, the number of studies I have done this week stands at five, with three different ladies, not counting some of the serious discussions I have had while handing out literature on the street. I have three more scheduled for tomorrow, and next week is filling out the same way. These are not normal Bible studies like I usually have in the States either - these are ladies hungry for the Gospel. It is like they hang on every word I say, and they ask so many questions! It is very humbling, very exhausting, and very exciting!

Already I am dreading our departure date.

I can't give very many specifics on the blog for privacy reasons, but I do appreciate all of those who have been praying for us! Your prayers are being answered daily! If the first week has been this exciting, I can't wait to see what happens in the coming months!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment