We are here. And I am online. :)
I really don't even know where to start because we've done so much over the past week...it's been insane, but so much fun! I guess I'll just give a run-down for those who care to know:
Sunday - church, potluck lunch and afternoon service. We got home with the evening stretching before us, so we went over to some friends' house and watched a movie instead of packing.
Monday - packing and last minute details. Left Bandit at Chris and Jackie's. *sniff, sniff*
Tuesday - all sorts of last minute details were brought up on Tuesday morning. We said goodbye to the rather large group who had gathered, and left for the airport at 10:30. We opted to fly from the small airport near our home, and I can't believe how easy it was! A twenty minute drive, and then twenty minutes from curbside to sitting at our gate. Nice! We flew to Detroit, then Atlanta (where I bought and consumed my last Pumpkin Spice Breve of the season), and then Joburg.
Wednesday - pretty uneventful as most of the day was spent on a plane. My brother and his family picked us up from the airport.
Thursday - spent the day in Pretoria with my brother and his family. Much too short...
Friday - drove to Pietersburg and spent the day with the Wilhites, another missionary family from our church. They are actually headed home for furlough in a few days, so we will see them in PA when we get home in January.
Saturday - left Pietersburg and drove to Botswana. It took about 8 hours in all, with an uneventful border crossing. We found our house in Francistown and spent most of the afternoon and evening cleaning, organizing, and unpacking. This is home for the next couple months!!!
I really should go to bed, so that's all you get for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment