I bought Sseko sandals at the beginning of the summer. I <3 them! It's a bit of an investment up front (as far as shoes go) but having interchangeable straps really appeals to me. I love having a sole that has shaped exactly to my foot...and between different straps and different tying methods, I can wear them a thousand different ways. Plus, they are very African-looking and very travel-friendly, which is appropriate given my upcoming lifestyle change. :)
However, I found that the tying and untying of them meant that if I was running out the door, I would grab a pair of flip-flops which were easier to slide on. My Ssekos were more comfortable and better for my feet, but the time factor was preventing me from wearing them as often as other things.
I tried a flip-flop tying style for my Ssekos, but it just didn't work for me. I had a hard time getting them tight enough, and then when I finally did, they loosened up after a couple hours of wearing. One day, as I slipped on a cheap pair of flip-flops with a little metal ring holding the straps, I got the idea to tie my Ssekos with a washer, although once it's all tied, you can hardly see it. :)
Here is a little instruction video I did for others who also wear Ssekos:
Do any of you have Ssekos? What are your favorite ways to tie them? Let me know if you try this style, or any variations that you do!
I have actually never heard of those before! They are really cute though, maybe I will get myself a pair next summer!
ReplyDeleteThese are so adorable!
ReplyDelete