Thursday, July 01, 2010

Meet Akina...

I've decided to go with the name Akina for my Kindle, as per the suggestion of a couple friends. They noticed the Japanese-looking flowers (cherry blossoms, I believe) on her, and started looking at Japanese names and suggested this one.

The Japanese name Akina means "spring flower" according to some and "bright green" to others which goes very well with her flowered skin and bright green cover. I like that the name contains the syllable 'kin' for Kindle, much like my Dell is named Verdell. On one particular site, I found it interesting that the name Akina can also be traced to Swahili origins.

Akina decked out with her new reading light, compliments of my brother

Can you imagine how difficult it will be for me to name my children one day when it takes so much deliberation to name an inanimate object? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment