Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Why I Write

I borrowed one of my sister-in-law's books, and found At the Edge of the Village to be a quick and enjoyable read, giving one missionary wife's memories of living on the Ivory Coast. A very interesting and funny book, as well as a good look into African culture in that area of the continent.

I came across this little passage as she was writing about each of her children, and I really liked the way she expressed it. This is one of the reasons that I write... to capture a moment or a person with words, just like you would with a camera.

"There are certain fleeting moments in time that, if stopped and held, say so much about a person - actions that bring personality to life and render it special. I love to capture such moments, no matter how small or mundane, like a camera imprinting a scene and immortalizing it forever in my mind." -Lisa Leidenfrost, At the Edge of the Village

No comments:

Post a Comment