I make mistakes and I mess up. I do my best, but sometimes my best isn’t enough. I make stupid decisions or I say the wrong thing at the wrong time. I misread situations, I misunderstand people, I jump to conclusions. Who am I? I feel so very unimportant.
Who am I? Well, I’m just an ordinary person, serving an extraordinary God. And that is where it really takes my breath away, because it is only by Him that my life has any meaning at all.
Me? I’m nothing. I’m unimportant and boring and not very smart. But Him? He is everything to me. He is the reason that I do the things that I do. He is my Redeemer, my Friend, my Hope, my Future.
Just another ordinary day, lived by an ordinary girl in an ordinary way, but watched over by an extraordinary God. If only I could strive to serve Him better!
One of my favorite songs has been running through my mind all day. I was going to pick two verses to post with this... but I can't decide! They all speak to my heart in such a special way. I'll just post them all. :)
Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.
Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.
Jesus! what a Strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my Strength, my victory wins.
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my Strength, my victory wins.
Jesus! what a Help in sorrow!
While the billows over me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my Comfort, helps my soul.
While the billows over me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my Comfort, helps my soul.
Jesus! what a Guide and Keeper!
While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes me,
He, my Pilot, hears my cry.
While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes me,
He, my Pilot, hears my cry.
Jesus! I do now receive Him,
More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am His, and He is mine.
More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am His, and He is mine.
This is one of my favorites, too, Rach! It speaks to the overwhelmed soul, doesn't it? Thanks for posting! (And can't wait to see you and your mom SOON!!) :)
ReplyDelete