These were the words I sang today, trying to push my mind off the heat and distractions of the dance group next door. I determined that I would think about the words – really think of them like I never had before.
Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word.
I realized that all around me was the testimony of these words. Not in my life, because my life is riddled with times I haven’t trusted Him. My life is easy compared to these around me – these our African friends.
Just to rest upon His promise, Just to know ‘thus saith the Lord.’
These are people that put me to shame, because of the great trust that they have in our God. Some of these are the only believers in their family and workplace. Every day they face shame and ridicule, because they dare to believe the Bible. Some of these don’t know where their next meal will be coming from – or whether they will have a place to live in the next few days. Some of these are looking for jobs, trying to increase in their jobs, or just make enough to save a little. Some of these are fearful of sickness – afraid their babies will get sick, because they won’t be able to afford a doctor.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him; how I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er.
And yet these are the ones who give so much of themselves, to us and to others around them. These are the ones who stand and give testimony, weeping the whole time, of how God has transformed their lives and how they will ever be grateful for those who preached the Word to them.
These are the ones that go around, daily living their lives in full trust of Him. Put me to shame, indeed.
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus; oh, for grace to trust Him more.
No comments:
Post a Comment