My brother and sis-in-law came up north to visit us for a few days. And thus, a trip that was much anticipated is now over. It had been a long six months since I had seen them, and oh, I was so surprised to see how much 'Baby' Lukey was talking. In complete sentences. Getting his point across quite well. It's hard to believe that 'baby' is going to be three very soon. :(
But with the passing of that long awaited visit, comes the building anticipation for the next big thing on our agenda - a quick trip back to the States. With time ticking down, we've a lot to do - last visits to make, handing off various responsibilities, getting our house secured and lining up our security guard (just had to mention that in case any one is reading this blog, planning to break in while we are gone... :) THERE WILL BE SOMEONE HERE!), getting everything ready so the dogs will be taken care of (yes, they will be here too), and of course, making our lists of things to do and buy while we are Stateside. I placed an order today for my favorite hair and makeup supplies, which are all running quite low, so that they will all be ready and waiting when I arrive.
And therein comes such an interesting point, because with yet another international trip looming ahead of me, I am again totally undecided on what to wear on the airplane. This decision haunts me every time I travel. It is such a delicate, hard decision and there are many facets to the issue to be considered.
My position here in this country continues precariously. I've been given yet another temporary waiver, which allows me to be here until December. I must say, I don't hold out much hope for staying much past that, but miracles do happen, I suppose. We are just taking it one day at a time, trying to make a Plan B and a Plan C just in case things don't work out. Best case scenario would be for my application to be accepted. Second best would be if I can get one more temporary, allowing me to stay until mid-February, and then we have a good plan from there. Worst case would be if I get removed from the country at the beginning of December - that would really throw a monkey wrench in our plans! It is just so frustrating when you do absolutely everything they tell you to do, and the very reason they refuse your application is for something they told you to do in the first place.
Spring is here, which means that the heat is back. The trees are blooming, even though they only lost their leaves a couple weeks ago. (And, since we haven't had any rain in about six months, the trees that do have a few little blooms usually don't have any leaves at all! Talk about strange-looking.) The dust storms continue, and we fight the ongoing battle of keeping the floors non-gritty.
Recent culinary adventures have included Bubble Tea and Bacon and Banana Crepes. Yeah, exciting, huh? With the return of the heat, I'm remembering why we don't like turning on our oven most of the year. But we now have a blender, a fact which opens up all sorts of possibilities for smoothies and dressings and other amazing things before rendered too hard when done by hand.
And that, basically, is my life right now in a nutshell. Or in a sliver. Which indicates that it is not nearly the whole, but probably all that you really care to know about, if you made it this far. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment