Monday, December 14, 2009

Deliberation over losing power or losing water

So today we lost our water.

Of course, it had to happen when I had a load of clothes soaking in soapy water in the bathtub. But whatever. We knew there was a possibility of it happening, so we had saved up a few 5-liter bottles of tap water, so I was able to finish my laundry.

I think the conclusion is that I would rather lose power than lose water. Of course, if we lose power we lose internet, and when it's really hot out, we also lose our air conditioning and our fans, so that throws another interesting wrench in things. In that light, I think I would rather go without water, as long as it was a short-term thing (like less than a day). Going without water for any longer could get a little interesting - no showers, no washing dishes. We could always eat out for all our meals and ask the neighbors to use their pool, but that would get old after a while.

I've spent a bit of time this morning thinking over the pros and cons of losing each, and I'm really not sure which I would rather lose. But in the end, we weren't given a choice in the matter, so I don't think they really care what I think about it. :)

Which would you rather lose?

2 comments:

  1. well...if we lose power we loose access to our water because the pumps run on electricity...so I don't know what I'd pick...=o)

    ReplyDelete