We bought a rather large pumpkin to make our pies with, so we had quite a bit of mashed pumpkin left over. I decided to make pumpkin bread tonight, and wouldn't you know? After our power has been flickering on and off a few times a week since we've been here, it actually went off today just as I slid the bread into the oven. *sigh* But! I think it might turn out okay... The power just went back on, so even after the half-baked bread sat in the lukewarm oven for over two hours, it seems to be raising just fine now. Somehow I think that these guys will eat it, even if it turns out horrible. :)
Some other snapshots of life in these parts.

Making tortillas...not exactly an easy feat to feed all these guys, but a lot of fun. :)

Dad's birthday...chocolate pie, of course

Lukey's first birthday...stuffin' it in! And the poor baby was covered in bug bites!

I missed having kids around!

These white plumeria flowers come from the trees in our yard and are scattered all over the ground. They are so fragrant! (And...they don't smell like the plumeria that you get from B&B Works...just sayin'.)
So in all that time it took to upload these pictures...the pumpkin bread is done! It looks and smells just fine - wonderful, in fact - so I think I'm going to go test a piece of it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment