Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm in Tzaneen, South Africa this week.

In many ways, it feels like coming back to civilization. There is running water (our water was still off when we left), there are real beds and chairs (instead of air mattresses and plastic lawn chairs), and probably best of all, there is a washing machine.

In other ways, it is still Africa. :)

But we've had a lovely couple of days with my brother and his family, as well as two other families that we know. Our friends are all leaving today, but we have two more days here to celebrate Christmas with family.

Then it is back to Francistown for our final 10 days - wrapping everything up, saying our goodbyes, and leaving everything in good order for the next people coming. I have a lot of mixed emotions about this and I have a lot of things to think about.

BUT for now, I'm determined to enjoy our Christmas in Africa. The food - oh my...you wouldn't believe the food we've been having! The kids are excited about everything, of course, and we are enjoying this time with them.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's almost time for you to leave!! Wow! It seems like time has gone by so fast!

    ReplyDelete