Saturday, December 05, 2009

Makin' Smoothies

We got a blender. One of the guys who is currently staying with us decided to get it. There is a bit of a story behind it, which is this. Someone brought us coffee - STARBUCKS! Four bags of delicious whole bean goodness, including a bag of Christmas blend, which I almost cried when I saw (well, maybe not). Very thoughtful of him to bring it, and even more thoughtful to have it ground since our 'grinder' consists of smashing it with an ice cream scoop. (Comes in handy for lots of things - bread and cracker crumbs, pressing garlic - but I imagine it would be a pain to grind coffee that way). Unfortunately, the lady who ground the coffee did NOT know what she was doing and left it chunky and mostly unground. *sigh*

Enter our new blender, which has a grinder attachment. Life is once again good.

AND! With a new blender, we can do other things. Like make fruit smoothies.


How could you NOT make smoothies with such an abundance of tropical fruits. For instance, fresh mango and papaya...


My brother Sam did the honors of being the Smoothie Master, figuring out the exact proportions of fruit, ice, milk, yogurt, and honey.


It's like a liquid nectar.


The blender is a bit cheap (what isn't in Africa?!?) but I can guarantee you that as long as it still turns, we will be putting it to good use. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment