Monday, July 19, 2010

Key Lime Pie

It's amazing... and the meringue just made it awesome! :) I really like the addition of coconut to the graham cracker crust.




From this recipe. For those of you who care, it's made with farm-fresh cream and eggs, raw sugar...and that's about all that's healthy. Now that I've made it, I'm curious as to what you could substitute for sweetened condensed milk...and how hard it is to make your own graham crackers... More testing to come, I'm sure. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hm, I think it could fit in a flat rate box! Need my address? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the restaurants here makes a key lime, strawberry, white chocolate mouse pie in a sugar cookie crust. :) I have been planning on trying to figure out how to make it one of these days. It's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I came across you're blog when searching for skirts only posts, and am enjoying it thus far. :)

    Anyhow, I thought I'd share this link for homemade graham crackers. No HFCS! http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/000126.html

    HTH, and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete