Thursday, October 21, 2010

An African Miracle

After being in the country for 48 hours, my dad was able to find the perfect house for us and rent it, buy a washer and dryer from a family who is moving, get a lead on a vehicle (which will actually be our second, main vehicle, as my brother found us a beat-up car to use for running around), and get a lead on some furniture from another family who is moving.

If you know anything about Africa, you know this is amazing. I'm still shocked at how fast it all happened.

Of course, I guess I shouldn't be shocked, because we've certainly been praying and I know many others have been praying as well! Thank you!

There are still loose ends to be tied up, the most important of which is our visa from the Embassy. Still waiting to hear a definite word on that, but trusting that all will come through at the right time.

Still hanging out in Tzaneen, as we need to wait a few days before my dad can reenter the country. My head is swimming with ideas, mostly with the fact that I get the delightful pleasure of choosing a paint color for my room. The house is pretty nice, but needs some TLC - a good cleaning and fumigating of the insects will be a good start (it's been sitting empty for a couple months, as if bugs need any invitation to take over in Botswana), but a fresh coat of paint will also do wonders. We've got some other improvement ideas, and can't wait to get in and get busy. Colors, colors... should I go shocking? Neutral? Pleasant? Soothing? I'm definitely thinking a cool color would be nice...

I'm still amazed. Most missionaries find it takes them a good month or more to locate and rent housing in this area of the world. 48 hours is definitely a record... but so was the amount of time it took to raise support. ;)

In the mean time, I've found things to keep me busy.



Wherever I go, literature and correspondence schools seem to follow. Good thing I travel with a one-touch, long-reach stapler. It's like a coffee press and a pound of Starbucks - it's always good to have tucked away in the suitcase, cause you never know when you'll need it.

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing that it is all going so smoothly, God is great! Have fun with the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! Isn't amazing to see how quickly God works things out when its His will?! Things like that really shouldn't shock and surprise me at this point, but it still amazes me each time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good! Reminds me of when our house sold in 1 1/2 weeks despite the tough market!!

    ReplyDelete