Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Asta


Have you ever watched the Thin Man series? Asta is the wire-haired fox terrier that almost steals the show. This same dog also stars in Bringing Up Baby and The Awful Truth.

Some day...I'm going to get a terrier and name him Asta. :)

This Asta is quite a famous dog, in fact he has a whole fan site. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this dog.

    Is "The Awful Truth" the one where Cary Grant and some lady(possibly Merna Loy) are getting a divorce and fighting over the dog? I remember that movie was funny.

    But I laughed the most with Bringing up Baby. That is the funniest video ever made, and George's barking and running around with Cary Grant following him everywhere, trying to find the bone, is hilarious. I also love Katherine Hepburn's performance.

    And what makes Tin Man so good is the chemistry between Merna Loy and what'shisface. They make a very believable married couple. And they're very funny together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one of these dogs sitting in the passnger seat of a truck once. He was facing so all I could see was his profile and at a quick glance it looked like a real hairy person. LOL it freaked me out when I realized it was a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Asta !!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Thin Man movies ... and any others with William Powell and Myrna Loy. Have you seen "Love Crazy"? That's my favorite!

    Love "The Awful Truth."

    Love "Bringing Up Baby."

    You should totally name a dog Asta someday.

    ReplyDelete