Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

This is a fabulous series of books by Alexander McCall Smith, giving me my first taste of Botswana before we even got there. While in Africa, someone told me that they were making a TV series from the books, but I never imagined they would be available here! But look what I found on Netflix!!




The series is true to the books (with a couple added characters) and true to Botswanan culture. Just watching it and seeing the familiar scenery makes me a tad homesick. :)

2 comments:

  1. I bought one of the books last year, not realizing what it was about. I kept thinking of you while I was reading it!! lol It's good to know they're true to the culture of Botswana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never read the book but loved the TV series, however I think they changed or added a few characters different to the book, like the hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete