Things have been CRAZY, but I guess I didn't need to tell you that, did I? My dad has been traveling a lot - in fact, he gets home tomorrow just in time for us to do some laundry and head out early, early on Saturday.
The yard sale was on one hand a smashing success, and on the other hand, a whole lot of work for not much in return. We did get rid of a lot of stuff, but needed to get rid of far more. We did make a fair amount of money for a yard sale, but considering the time that was invested... it really didn't pay well. We found out about an auction place down the road that auctions off boxes of people's junk. We dropped off a large trailer-load on Tuesday night and if all goes well (meaning they can sell almost all of it for us), then we will just do that from now to the completion of cleaning out this house. (Have I ever mentioned how much stuff we have? I am not a pack-rat...I throw stuff away like you would not believe. Thus, all this *stuff* is really starting to get old!!!)
This is a bit of momentous week, in that it is my last week of piano lessons. We chose this Thursday as the date for our recital weeks ago, and then when I sat down to look at the calendar, I realized it was a natural cutting-off point to the lessons. I'm not planning on teaching through the summer, and with some other engagements lined up the next couple weeks and then school ending, it just had to happen. Now that it is upon me, I'm rather saddened by it. *sniff* But also happy!!! I just hope the kids remember what they are supposed to play...ha!
So we leave super-early on Saturday for Sioux Falls, although my graduation isn't until Wednesday. We're hoping to go to Mt. Rushmore, so I'm really looking forward to this little 'vacation' with my family. Pictures to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment