Wednesday, May 26, 2010

itching to paint

I'm itching to remodel something. But instead of remodeling, I'm supposed to be cleaning out and packing up. I don't mind the cleaning out part or even the packing up part, but I'm seriously getting antsy to paint something and go on the hunt for some vintage furniture.

So I satiate my remodeling desires by looking at pictures online. I've already shown you a portion of my kitchen pictures...here are some bedroom pics.

First, kids' rooms - just because they're fun and often feature bunk beds (something I missed out on in my childhood):








And then big people rooms:












Though all of these have elements that I really like, none of them captures perfectly what I would like to have in a bedroom. The following picture probably comes the closest, but something is missing... It looks awkwardly laid out, but maybe it is just the angle of the photo. I like the separate pieces, colors, patterns, etc, it just feels like it is missing the 'personal' element a bedroom should definitely have.



Wouldn't it be cool to have a closet like this? Maybe I just think so because I've spent so many months out of the past couple years living out of a suitcase. :) In reality, I have a closet 3 feet wide, and it suits me just fine!


Next time...whenever I get to it...I'll have to show you my favorite collection of pics - outdoor living spaces!

3 comments:

  1. My dad made bunk beds for my brother and I when we were little. Both of beds are still intact even though I eventually had mine cut down because I thought I was to old, however, my brother's bed is still in it's original glory. It was great and always made my bedroom feel bigger than it really was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I missed out on bunk beds, too. :)

    I love the steps up to the bunk bed in the first picture. And I HEART the wall hangings in the fourth picture.

    The closet in the last picture is big but it is not full. I seriously want to pitch out **so much stuff** right now because of this remodeling process. Every single room is torn up except the computer room and my parents room. It is simply amazing how much junk that we Americans have. I'm about to write a post, so I'd better stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can come help me remodel my room...redecorate, refurniture, and definitely repaint :)

    ReplyDelete